Approved September 16, 2015.
Requirements for the Jewish Studies major (30 credit hours):
- 2 courses in Jewish history and/or culture (6 credit hours)
- 2 courses in Judaism (6 credit hours)
- *demonstration of proficiency at the intermediate level of Hebrew or Yiddish (usually satisfied by taking 2 courses [6 credit hours] at the 200-level)
- 3 electives (9 credit hours)
- JWSH 601, a capstone course (3 credit hours)*
*During the Fall 2017 semester, JWSH 601 will be attached to pre-exisitng courses. Beginning Spring semester 2018, however, JWSH 601 will be taught as its own course, and will only be taught in the Spring semester thereafter.
With the language requirement, Jewish Studies offers a BA - there is no BGS degree in Jewish Studies.
The Majors Marketplace website now features Jewish Studies degree options!