Approved September 16, 2015.
Requirements for the Jewish Studies major (30 credit hours):
- 2 courses in Jewish history and/or culture (6 credit hours)
- 2 courses in Judaism (6 credit hours)
- *demonstration of proficiency at the intermediate level of Hebrew or Yiddish (usually satisfied by taking 2 courses [6 credit hours] at the 200-level)
- 3 electives (9 credit hours)
- JWSH 601, a capstone course (3 credit hours)
*With the language requirement, Jewish Studies offers a BA - there is no BGS degree in Jewish Studies.
The Majors Marketplace website now features Jewish Studies degree options!